.. vstup do vaultu .. orientace .. vaultmasteři .. contact us .. galerie .. kniha hostí .. fórum .. archiv ..
Chcete opravdu nahlásit tento příspěvek?
Autor: Bror
Text: sry, ze sem davam takhle dlouhy anglicky text, ale presne, to co zde autor pise, tak citim taky a lepe bych to nenapsal...az na tu vec s humorem, protoze ja jsem se u FO3 nekolikrat dost zasmal

Let me be clear : fallout 3 missed a lot of things from the original games: Difficulty, Humor, Music, Interface among other things. And there are other less stelar points such as textures, animation and the barter and quest interface. And yes there are quite a few choices that show that Bethesda stuck too much stuff from the Elder Scrolls series. Epic music in fallout games ? Epic fail. Vampires in Fallout games ? Epic fail. Enemies too easy to kill ? Epic fail. Get yourself radiated with 600 rads and don\'t die or loose much health like in the first games? Epic fail. (but it would be like that, because in reality, it takes a few hours to feel the effects even with that dose of radiation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bombs_and_health#Radiation_poisoning). I started very doubtfull of this game and noticing all of these things, but somewhere along the way you\'ll notice: I am playing fallout. You\'ll be searching lockers, tables and what not for your stuff. You\'ll be killing off ghouls and super mutants, raiders and mole rats. You\'ll be performing critical hits. You\'ll be leveling up expending the experience points on the same attributes as in previous games, and choosing the same perks. The game will suck you in. This I assure you. When you enter a mine field ridden busted down village, enter an abandoned house, where all windows are boarded up, with only a few sun rays going through, paint peeling off the walls, then you go up the stairs into the bedroom to find two sequeletons holding each other in bed...It\'s beyond words. The ambiance on this game is pure crack. The desolated wasteland is very well represented and it is oppressing. You\'ll be scavenging stuff to survive and managing your equipment with care. Traps will kill you. It\'s fun when you\'re walking around and then hear something drop on the floor. You look around and don\'t notice anything. You keep moving. Then you see at the edge of the screen something black rolling on the floor. You look down and then you understand : it\'s 3 grenades dropped from a trap in a walkway above you. Oh sh*t. And BUM. Also the first time you see a Super Mutant Behemoth is memorable. Hell yeah. About the interface, I already said where it fails. Other than that I think Bethesda chose to use a more realistic approach to the pip boy, and seriously i see no problem with that. It works fine for most things. It\'s a logical approach and seriously if you try to understand the original pip boy from the images, what the hell was that ? A PDA ? With valves ? With what shape ? Bethesda made an interesting choice and I like it. It\'s not as usable but far more realistic, and that\'s fine for me. I miss the sarcastic remarks, I miss the really dark humor, I miss the incredibly moody music and the high difficulty of the game. Sometime during my game experience I started thinking, damn this feels life the first fallout. And it does. Let me be clear though, besides the landscape, the game looks very last-gen. You won\'t get crispy clear textures like stalker, crysis and dead space. You won\'t get all those lightning effects. You won\'t get great facial expressions. But this is very much a work of love for the series and it shows. I quickly forgot the animations, the shoddy colision detection and the textures. I quickly forgot the stuff that shows that the mentality at Bethesda is very much stuck in the Elder scrolls series. You start wanting to find out about what is going on there, why this radio signal, where are these people, what secrets lurk in those tunnels ? You\'ll fight for your survival, make choices that affect character\'s lives, and explore. It WILL suck you in. I miss a lot of things from the original series and yes I\'m sad that Bethesda didn\'t capture them. I\'m sad that the game is wattered down for mass comsuption and the interface for console use. I wish brotherhood of steel guys felt more hardcore and invicible. I wish there was the plasma gattling gun. I wish you could apply medical care to yourself like in the original series. I wish mutants were much much harder. I was terrified of those guys in the originals, even at top levels. I wish the AI was better. I wish there was better dialog choices. I wish for the original fallout music. I wish the environment was even more scary, something more like stalker. I wish.... But you have to realize that I don\'t think anyone else could have done a better job. Everything in this game has a reason to be. I can perfectly understand almost all of the decisions Bethesda made in relation to this game. They all have logic and show that the game was really well tought. It shows a lot of dedication and hard work. Yes many things are different, but I still keep feeling like I\'m back playing fallout 1. And it sucks you so much cause now you\'re playing in first person. Watching in your face all of those things you imagined when you were playing them 10 years ago. It\'s not perfect but it\'s a great game, with a huge scope that will keep you busy for a long time. Just thinking about some of the stuff I\'ve played and watched sends me shiffers from the back of my head down my spine. It has been a long, long time since a game was able to make me feel like this. I am a hardcore gamer, from the days of playing on a 48k Spectrum with games stored on audio tapes, and I\'m not easily impressed by most recent games. Far Cry 2 bores me to death, for example. Most game reviews suck these days and give wrong ratings. I would give Far Cry 2 a strong 60 or 70 at most. Fallout 3 would get a very strong 90, maybe 95. But to give this game a zero out of spite ? I\'m giving it 10 just to counterbalance those brainless scores. Anyone that gives this game a zero only because it\'s not the original fallout, and doesn\'t recognize the great things about it is seriously retarded. This game is great on its own. It\'s strange but i keep thinking to myself : It\'s not fallout and at the same time, it IS fallout. I think Bethesda should go back to their labs, work on the engine, improve a lot of things : animation, collision detection, AI, textures, lightning. This engine needs an overhaul. Because I can\'t wait for another entry in the series. Fallout 4, for sure. Don\'t care about any MMORPGs, give me a proper singleplayer experience any day of the week. To sum this up : it\'s great to be playing fallout again. About time. Hell yeah. Oh and by the way, I can confirm something that I highly doubted when reading it in other reviews : VATS doesn\'t get old.
Kontaktní údaje